As a guest, you can only view a small part of the forum. Please login or register to view the rest of the forum.
You may register by clicking on the registration button next to the login box. If you are already a member, you can login with either your regular credentials, steam, facebook or twitter (you can also register using these on the registration page).
20 Aug 2015 - Goodbye Sledbuild Hello Hide&Seek
14 Aug 2015 - [GM] Cards Against Humanity!
The EventPlanners thought it could be fun to gather up those who's interested from
the Gerbil Mountain's Community and play some redonkeylous Cards Against Humanity.
Who wouldn't want to laugh out loud, cry some manly tears or scream from horror of what
our beloved staff would possibly answer to
"When I pee, I'd like to sit on..." or something much, MUCH WORSE.
Click the link below to gather up more information about the event and where to meet!
29 Jul 2015 - [GM] ARK CONTEST!
MORE INFO PLEASE
We got this HUGE event going on right now. It's not very hard and you have a chance to win mighty fine prizes. All you have to do is submit in game material from your ARK Survival Evolved experience. Before end date at 31 August!
If this little text isn't enough motivation- know that the golden medal (aka first prize) is a copy of ARK itself! Now you can have two copies or share it with a dear friend that didn't have enough money to buy such an amazing game for him/herself.
For more information, all you HAVE TO DO is click the MORE INFO text up top and you will get to the right place.
19 Aug 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v201.2
* Fixed issue with 'Survival of the Fittest' server player counts being incorrect after match reset.
* IED's don't use demolition explosion type anymore, as they were not intended to. (effectively cuts their damage against structures by about 60%). They are anti-personnel/defensive.
* Cut taming time on Gigantopithecus by about 25% and he won't stay aggro'd forever now either.
* Scuba tank now slowly recovers your stamina if you are not moving in water.
06 Aug 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v193.0
Current Version: v193.0
* SERVER LAG ("MEGA STALLS") FIX!!
YouTube™ Video: Jurassic Park Theme Song - most popular version
I am the oldest uploader to post this version on youtube!!! !Probably the best version on YOUTUBE = ") If you really enjoyed this Jurassic park theme song...
* New Items: Small and Large Bear Traps, for locking players and dinos in their tracks!
* New Structure: Stone Behemoth Gate
* New rare "Alpha" T-Rex can be found that is bigger and meaner than the regular T-Rex with distinct color schema, gives a unique cosmetic (and a ton of XP and resources) if you defeat it. It also buffs the resistance and damage of nearby carnis around it due to its Alpha-pack dominating status. You can't tame it... yet... but we'd like feedback on whether the community would be interested in more of this direction.
* Tamed Dinos now lay Eggs over time without having to leave them alone i.e. they now do it in real-time and you can watch them... o_O
* New Door option: "Admin-Only access", which can be combined with PIN coding and Locking. Allows only Admins free access to the door in Tribe-shared environments, everyone else in the Tribe has to either enter PIN code or be locked-out. We recommend combining this with the new "Admin-Only Demolish" Governance option for Shared Structures, otherwise Tribe Members can just Demolish their way into your secret Admin Rooms anyway
* Admins can now "Demote" other admins from within the Tribe Manager (you can not Demote the Founder, so he/she is the ultimate arbiter of justice!). Please use this power wisely!
* You can no longer damage Tamed dinos thru Walls/Structures (prevents cheaping out people's dinos from outside their bases)
* Fixed bug where clients sometimes couldn't see the equipped items/saddles on characters
* Aquatic dinos swimming against water surface is now perfectly smooth, doesn't result in a hard-stop of your character anymore.
* Added the rest of the Dino Damage overlays
* Dealt with the Trilobites' resources: they now clamp resource harvest amounts (no overdamage.. we need to ween off that , they only yield pearls and oil rarely, and they are significantly less common in the shallows.
* Misc Spectator mode improvements (alphabetical player list, no longer considered "idle" for kicking, fixed sometimes getting into spectator mode when not desired, etc)
* Canteens are no longer consumed when making soups
* New Tribe Governance Option for Structures: Tribe Owned, Admin-Only Demolish
* You can now properly enter spectator mode after dying without getting stuck at a black screen
* More dino blood overlays, & option to disable Dino blood overlays
* Stone harvesting settings are back at +75%. An underlying change with the harvesting system had inadvertently affected them, thanks for the reports
* Fixed various server crashes
* ARK Tribute (Obelisk) Item Transfer disabled on Official Servers for now, was unbalancing to PvP, needs further design work.
01 Aug 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v192.0
* Fixed Function and Middle Mouse Wheel keybindings work again
* Sickle now yields 3x the amount of Fiber it was previously harvesting per stroke.
* Various Spectator Camera and control improvements
* Canteen can now be properly filled up at a Water Tap.
* Primitive Servers now have the missing engrams: Feeding Trough and Sickle
* Lots more Dino Damage overlays (almost all of them), and now properly dissolves away
* Fixed a bug that was causing hitchy startup/loading on Mac/Linux and memory spikes on some dedicated servers
* Reduced aggressive immediate dino repopulation to avoid server lag spikes
* Players should not randomly become spectators anymore
ARK Items and Engrams Indices v191: http://imgur.com/HMIigNT,ACuXtwT#0
v191.1 Hotfix: Windows controller support (Xbox 360 controller etc) works properly again.
* New Creature: Trilobite, your new favorite renewable source of Chitin, Silica, and Oil
* New Metal Sickle weapon for harvesting Fiber from seed-plants
* New Modern Polymer Canteen Item stores up to 300 water and uses 100 per sip. (and is lighter than jars)
* Max Number of Tamed Dinos on the ARK is now server-customizable value, and bumped up the default by 1000. To adjust this, use the ?MaxTamedDinos=4000 commandline argument, or add MaxTamedDinos=4000 to your ServerSettings in your GameUserSettings.ini!
* Improved loading speed, RAM usage, and streaming performance
* Redone painting UI to allow switching colors and re-dying brushes from directly within the painting UI
* Water Jars can now be used twice, with 100 water restored per sip
* Fixed exploit that could push characters through walls in edge case
* PvE can no longer add or demolish transponders on non-ally Tamed Dinos or Players.
* Lots more Admin UI functionality and commands, you'll find them listed on the updated Admin UI
* Smoother multiplayer character interpolation, jitters eliminated
* Mac Gamepad input fixes. You can get a "driver" for Xbox 360 gamepad on Mac OS here: https://github.com/d235j/360Controller/releases/tag/v0.14-unofficial
* Compound Bow has 5x more effective durability, less camera shake when pulled
* Admin Spectator camera (and an extra password you can use for anyone to access spectator mode) + spectator-controls UI
30 Jul 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v190.0
Current Version: v190.0
Unversioned Hotfix: Linux Dedicated server "player respawn/fast-travel" crash fixed
* Increased Max Player level to 74, and Max Dino level to 50
* Added new music to character creation UI
* Fixed some missing FPV melee animation hit notifications, fixed damage type on slingshot melee (was applying too much torpor)
* Raised minimum wooden bow damage for shortest-pulled arrows to 50%, up from 25%
* Added Dino Hurt-Damage Blood overlay (various dinos get bloodier as they take more damage to help visually indicate their health)
* Tribes have a new governance option as to whether only Admins can Unclaim Tribe Dinos
* Tribe name uniqueness on a server is now enforced (going forwards)
* +75% stone harvesting from stone sources
* Compound Bow & Armor-and-Hide Piercing Metal Arrows
* Linux Controller Support (Mac coming soon!): for your Steam Controllers! What's that you say? You don't have a Steam Controller yet?! Oh ok, it'll also work with regular controllers
* Increase to 4.0 Difficulty on Official Server Network (and increase of difficulty cap to 4.0)
* Fixed Dinos (Scorp, Anky, etc) getting stuck on Server when swimming and attacking (rubber banding)
* Finally bonus items on respawn
* Fixed some minor exploits
* Added Mate-Boosted icon
* Stackable Mod support! This allows multiple mods to be used together and combine their changes -- works with existing mods too! and you can use Mods on custom maps now. To Use Stackable Mods from the in-game menu, simply goto the "Host Game" menu and then select a map, and a list of mods to stack. The top mod will take priority (i.e. is most likely to fully work), and any secondary mods will attempt to add items and other overrides, they may or may not work depending on what those mods actually do (most mods that add items will work as secondary mods... whereas you'll likely want to use any major rebalancing mod as your "base" mod . We'll continue to add more functionality for what Stacked Mods can do, so stay tuned!
* Fixed Meganeura (Dragonfly) Dossier Icon
* Eliminated Non-Dedicated Session Passwords. They're not properly supported by Steam,
so instead we've added an option for "Private" sessions, which don't appear on the public Session List, and your friends can simply join those directly via the Steam Overlay (Invite or "Join Game").
* Fixed a crash when loading certain Mods
* Fixed Mac/Linux clients to not attempt reinstalling Mods over again upon each launch.
25 Jul 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v189.0
Current Version: v189.0
* New Creature: Meganeura (Dragonfly)
* New Structure: Dino Feeding Trough!
* More loading speed improvements: 60%+ on the maps and in-game streaming speed (this involved reformatting how much of the game-content data was packed, hence the ~2GB update!)
* Server Admins now have a command "ServerChatToPlayer" to send direct chat messages to playername, rather than steamid (use "ServerChatTo" to send to steamid)
* Custom servers INI can now scale globally the spoiling times of perishables, as well as scale the global decomposition time of items and bodies on the ground, respectively. Set these to larger than 0 values, in your server's Game.ini :
* Custom servers INI can now scale on a per-resource type basis the amount of resources harvested. In your server's Game.ini, for example:
* Custom servers INI can now override the Max XP cap of players & dino characters, respectively. Set these to larger than 0 values, in your server's Game.ini :
* Bonus Items are now properly given upon respawn again (a bug was causing them to only be given when you examined an Obelisk Terminal Inventory).
* Fixed a bug with the Flying Titanomyrma that was causing them to be very difficult to hit
* Linux Dedi Server should now be able to load Mods without crashing
* Dimorphodons don't lay Pteranodon eggs anymore
* Non-Dedi Multiplayer Sessions always has player list visible in Pause menu
* Non-Dedi Multiplayer Sessions always displays Player Join & Leave messages
* Turret now uses correct weak-metal structure damgetype (was using wood structure type by accident)
* You can now properly see the Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Sessions within the "Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session" filter type
* Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session Hosts no longer require opening ports! It now uses automatic Steam NAT Traversal! Note that you will not be able to see Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Sessions from prior to v188.21, so please update to this version if you want to play a Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session with your friends.
* Dinos that are pushed into world geomtry (moved inside stones etc) are now killed after a period of time. Don't try to hide dinos there, it's not legit
* Removed the unnecessary word "Quantity" from the "Craft All" button
* Transponders no longer disappear if your body is destroyed and you have a loot bag so that u can find your bag -- they then attach to your loot bag. (if that's destroyed, however, then bye bye transponder)
* "Stay All" Whistle ("U" by default) now only affects things following YOU or the Dino that you're riding. (so if you have a team with other dinos following other team members, it won't stop those other dinos)
* Defaulted the loading speed improvements, shipped the prebuilt load cache, and made it used by default. Loading & streaming speed gains of 70-80% on PrimalGameData... still have to do the maps though
* Turrets require power again
* Fixed turret shooting logic bug that was causing incorrect turret fire rate (or was causing them to not fire at all), and fixed aiming logic to not fire if it doesn't have a clean shot -- turrets should be pretty badass killing machines now, shouldn't have any direct exploits remaining.
* Reduced Ant (Titanomyrma) aggro radius by 30%
* Turrets no longer will target you through corpses, and they no longer have any friendly fire
* Repairing structures now only takes half as much resources as before (as further incentive to Repair rather than Replace).
* Crop plots can now be placed on very uneven ground
* Phiomia can now poop
* Mate-boosted Tamed Dinos now have 2x chance of producing eggs
* Eliminated remaining server-side memory leak
* ~70% faster loading speed option. Choose "Experiment Fast Load Cache" launch option (use add "-usecache" to your launch commandline manually). After the first & second times that you start the game & load will be still be slow, but the third time onwards will be fast. This is testing a new caching method. If it works well, will then ship with the prebuilt cached files so that it'll always be fast even first-time, and we'll do this for all the maps as well.
* Non-Dedicated Host Session: for small groups to play cooperatively -- you use singleplayer saves with this mode, seamlessly! If you're looking to join such a session, you'll find these sessions listed in the "Non-Dedicated Session" filter type on the Session List UI. Or join using your Friends list, or the LAN list, if it's a LAN game. Note that Non-Dedicated Hosting uses your SINGLEPLAYER saved world/character, so you can seamlessly switch between Hosting and playing Singleplayer . Also, everyone but the Host is restricted to playing within a ~200 meter radius around the Host (it's primarily for Coop-only play). For the time being, this is necessary to preserve Host performance & system memory.
* Placeable Structures (boxes, beds, signs, etc) will no longer be destroyed when replacing the underlying structure beneath them. Note this will only work properly on NEWLY placed objects (newly placed boxes, beds, signs, etc). Objects placed before v188.1 will still be destroyed when the underlying structure is replaced.
* Vaults once again properly drop if the floor underneath them is destroyed
* Fortitude stat now has 1.5x the insulating effect as previously
* Cooked Prime Meat will no longer be eaten before Raw Meat by Tamed Dinos
* There is now a repair-cost tooltip when you hover over the "Repair Structure" option, indicating the material cost to fully repair the structure
* Added Tribe Name to Death Recap (so that u can know what Tribe to seek unholy revengeance upon)
* Fixed an issue in singleplayer games where you could remain sleeping forever! (sleeping beauty)
* PvP Cave damage multiplier (default 6x) now functions in underwater caves as well
21 Jul 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v188.0
Current Version: v188.0
* New Structure: "Single Panel Flag" which is a simple flag that has one solid panel canvas, handy for custom painting onto.
* Massive performance improvement to structural integrity calculation (namely, less lag/stalls on the server when destroying/replacing pieces of large connected structures)
* Bronto now likes a certain Kibble
* Eggs are about 50% more common to find
* Eggs now last for 30 min on ground (prev was 20 min)
* Ant (Titanomyrma) will not follow you into Water anymore. Land insects don't like water
* Fixed a bug with structure limits (PhysX overlap limit was being exceeded), and reset the default value to 6000 (should cover even the biggest current bases that we've seen on Official Servers). The new configurable/commandline value is: NewMaxStructuresInRange=6000
* Swimming backwards on a dino no longer desyncs with the server
* Tamed Scorp shouldn't drown anymore. In fact various tamed dinos that were not swimming to the surface should now try to stay on the surface when not being ridden.
* Fixed pop-in of underwater cave meshes
* Per-Pixel Sign painting, with real-time multiplayer simultaneous painting: please don't draw offensive things! <3
Luv u Garry! <3
Community Created Artwork for ARK: Survival Evolved
Real-time simultaneous per-pixel painting in ARK
* Electronic Animal Trackers: track your dinos, track wild dinos, track enemy dinos (or players), put on one yourself and don't lose your corpse!!
* Throwable Torches
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
* Uploading/Downloading Items to ARK Tribute Inventory now works in singleplayer
* Tribe/Player names with emoji strings in them will no longer cause parsing-spam in the chat text
* Splitting/Merging stacks of items within your Inventory no longer causes "Removed/Added" Item notifications
* Turrets random aim spread reduced by 85%
* Turrets will no longer target carried/dragged characters if they're being carried/dragged by your team
* Ants (Titanomyrma) damage reduced by 25% and health reduced by 35%/40% (soldier/drone)
* Fixed a bug where Inventory Bags dropped by destroyed structures had infinite life (now have 15 minute timeout)
* Improved look of Grill and Stone structures slightly (not finished)
v187.1: fixed a rare server-side Inventory crash
18 Jul 2015 - [GM]ARK has now been backed up and patched to V187!
Current Version: v187
* Titanomyrmas: designed to ruin your sunday picnics!
* Dimorphodons: designed to harass other dino riders!
* Crossbow: use underwater to ping sharks from a distance!
* Machined Shotgun: less powerful than primtiive, but more shots before reload and tighter spread!
* Redesigned the look of the Stone Tier to look much nicer
* Double the number of dyes. You want Pink? You got Pink!
* You can no longer level up sleeping allies (so mean)
* Approximate +25% Dedicated Server performance gain... PHYSX rewrite!!!!! >:-P -- and nice client performance gain in dense cities as well!
* Keypads now work in densely packed bases (was a "too-many-overlaps" issue)
* Fix for Server memory leak
* Fixed case of "invisible until you move" Structures on Client
* Fixed losing Oxygen when swimming at water surface
* You can unwire and rewrire placed traps -- while leaving them placed and remembering what they were wired to -- making it easier to leave your own base after setting traps up (we don't want to make traps completely ignore you when wired, however, to avoid the incentive to turn your base into a zone of infinite numbers of traps)
* Scorpions/Carrion eaters will now prefer to eat spoiled meat rather than raw meat after being Tamed
* The massive spam of "item removed etc" notification texts when viewing a dino's inventory is now fixed
* Stimberry consumption now reduces Food on Tamed dinos
* You can no longer build for 30 seconds in the immediate damage radius where a structure has been destroyed by an enemy team (helps sieges play out more naturally)
* There's now an "attack that" whistle which will send all dinos in a nearby radius to attack the specific target you're pointing at -- this works very nicely with the Spyglass
* In PvP, structures within caves/cave-entrances now take 6x damage (server modifiable setting)
* Auto Turrets track about 3x as fast, to be more effective
* Only Female Dinos lay eggs now -- it had to happen
* Fixed Saber gender bits -- heh, "fixed"
* Industrial Grill now consumes gas properly, and has more-final model
* You can now drink by pressing E when just standing in water, if there's nothing else to activate. You don't have to be immersed anymore.
* You can now light standing torches in shallow water
* The approximate area of Spawn regions are now indicated when select a character spawn region
* Increased max tripwire connection distance by 50%
* Completely revamped stone structure visuals, for the better
* Custom servers can now specify whether they want downloadable individually: characters, items, dinos
* Grenade damage is reduced by 33% generally and an additional 33% vs dinos (so about -45% in total vs dinos)
* New Game.ini options:[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
Defaults false. If true, any Engram not explicitly specified in the EngramsOverride list will be Hidden. Useful for maintaining primitive servers even as we add new Engrams in Updates.
For example. Lets you specify an Engram by classname so that it's guaranteed to work even if Engram indices change in the future -- is guaranteed to be permanent. You can get all the classnames from the ARK Dev Kit.