As a guest, you can only view a small part of the forum. Please login or register to view the rest of the forum.
You may register by clicking on the registration button next to the login box. If you are already a member, you can login with either your regular credentials, steam, facebook or twitter (you can also register using these on the registration page).
29 Jul 2015 - [GM] ARK CONTEST!
MORE INFO PLEASE
We got this HUGE event going on right now. It's not very hard and you have a chance to win mighty fine prizes. All you have to do is submit in game material from your ARK Survival Evolved experience. Before end date at 31 August!
If this little text isn't enough motivation- know that the golden medal (aka first prize) is a copy of ARK itself! Now you can have two copies or share it with a dear friend that didn't have enough money to buy such an amazing game for him/herself.
For more information, all you HAVE TO DO is click the MORE INFO text up top and you will get to the right place.
15 Jul 2015 - GM Staff Scavenger Hunt!
This event is for all our Gerbils and gamers who choose our servers!
So how does one win in this event that will take place on our Garry's Mod servers? I'll explain it:
Basically you need to take a screenshot of a staff member in their
personal skin or when they have their texthats on with their name.
All the [GM] Staff will log in throughout the 15th july to 30th july.
After the 30th july, KingBooman will count all your points and announce the winner! Highest score wins! And ofc, there might be a prize
- You need to have an account on our forum to upload your screenshot. (use www.tinypic.com) or if you know another good site for uploading.
- Don't try and fake it, we know how the staff members look.
- You aren't allowed to spectate the player. You need to be in the opposite team.
Trial Admin: 1point
Reg. Admin: 2pts
Senior Admin: 5pts
Event staff: 8pts
Sinister Raccoon\Teddi: 9pts
Please post the Pictures in this thread:
14 Jul 2015 - Custom made ARK wallpapers!
10 Jul 2015 - MissTea Senior Admin
Hey there everyone!
Just wanted to let you all know that I have a spare code to Batman: Arkham Knight for PC and will give this personally to whoever is our 2000th steam group member.
And don't worry, most of the bugs that were messing up the game have been resolved. I had no issues at all myself since the get-go and the game has been properly patched now on PC from what I have experienced.
So get your friends to sign up now!
1. You cannot already be a member of the group (as in you leave the group, wait for it to hit 1999 and then rejoin).
2. If a friend joins is the 2000th member, he/she may give you the code even if you are already part of the group since before (after all, what you do with the code after I give it to you is entirely up to you).
3. You can't use any alt accounts to join the group a second time. This is a once-per-person ordeal. No cheating ^^
4. Completely fresh accounts cannot partake in this either. This is to ensure that people do not create new accs just to join the group and get the game for their main acc. It is essentially to prevent the above rule from being broken even further.
25 Jul 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v189.0
Current Version: v189.0
* New Creature: Meganeura (Dragonfly)
* New Structure: Dino Feeding Trough!
* More loading speed improvements: 60%+ on the maps and in-game streaming speed (this involved reformatting how much of the game-content data was packed, hence the ~2GB update!)
* Server Admins now have a command "ServerChatToPlayer" to send direct chat messages to playername, rather than steamid (use "ServerChatTo" to send to steamid)
* Custom servers INI can now scale globally the spoiling times of perishables, as well as scale the global decomposition time of items and bodies on the ground, respectively. Set these to larger than 0 values, in your server's Game.ini :
* Custom servers INI can now scale on a per-resource type basis the amount of resources harvested. In your server's Game.ini, for example:
* Custom servers INI can now override the Max XP cap of players & dino characters, respectively. Set these to larger than 0 values, in your server's Game.ini :
* Bonus Items are now properly given upon respawn again (a bug was causing them to only be given when you examined an Obelisk Terminal Inventory).
* Fixed a bug with the Flying Titanomyrma that was causing them to be very difficult to hit
* Linux Dedi Server should now be able to load Mods without crashing
* Dimorphodons don't lay Pteranodon eggs anymore
* Non-Dedi Multiplayer Sessions always has player list visible in Pause menu
* Non-Dedi Multiplayer Sessions always displays Player Join & Leave messages
* Turret now uses correct weak-metal structure damgetype (was using wood structure type by accident)
* You can now properly see the Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Sessions within the "Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session" filter type
* Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session Hosts no longer require opening ports! It now uses automatic Steam NAT Traversal! Note that you will not be able to see Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Sessions from prior to v188.21, so please update to this version if you want to play a Non-Dedicated Multiplayer Session with your friends.
* Dinos that are pushed into world geomtry (moved inside stones etc) are now killed after a period of time. Don't try to hide dinos there, it's not legit
* Removed the unnecessary word "Quantity" from the "Craft All" button
* Transponders no longer disappear if your body is destroyed and you have a loot bag so that u can find your bag -- they then attach to your loot bag. (if that's destroyed, however, then bye bye transponder)
* "Stay All" Whistle ("U" by default) now only affects things following YOU or the Dino that you're riding. (so if you have a team with other dinos following other team members, it won't stop those other dinos)
* Defaulted the loading speed improvements, shipped the prebuilt load cache, and made it used by default. Loading & streaming speed gains of 70-80% on PrimalGameData... still have to do the maps though
* Turrets require power again
* Fixed turret shooting logic bug that was causing incorrect turret fire rate (or was causing them to not fire at all), and fixed aiming logic to not fire if it doesn't have a clean shot -- turrets should be pretty badass killing machines now, shouldn't have any direct exploits remaining.
* Reduced Ant (Titanomyrma) aggro radius by 30%
* Turrets no longer will target you through corpses, and they no longer have any friendly fire
* Repairing structures now only takes half as much resources as before (as further incentive to Repair rather than Replace).
* Crop plots can now be placed on very uneven ground
* Phiomia can now poop
* Mate-boosted Tamed Dinos now have 2x chance of producing eggs
* Eliminated remaining server-side memory leak
* ~70% faster loading speed option. Choose "Experiment Fast Load Cache" launch option (use add "-usecache" to your launch commandline manually). After the first & second times that you start the game & load will be still be slow, but the third time onwards will be fast. This is testing a new caching method. If it works well, will then ship with the prebuilt cached files so that it'll always be fast even first-time, and we'll do this for all the maps as well.
* Non-Dedicated Host Session: for small groups to play cooperatively -- you use singleplayer saves with this mode, seamlessly! If you're looking to join such a session, you'll find these sessions listed in the "Non-Dedicated Session" filter type on the Session List UI. Or join using your Friends list, or the LAN list, if it's a LAN game. Note that Non-Dedicated Hosting uses your SINGLEPLAYER saved world/character, so you can seamlessly switch between Hosting and playing Singleplayer . Also, everyone but the Host is restricted to playing within a ~200 meter radius around the Host (it's primarily for Coop-only play). For the time being, this is necessary to preserve Host performance & system memory.
* Placeable Structures (boxes, beds, signs, etc) will no longer be destroyed when replacing the underlying structure beneath them. Note this will only work properly on NEWLY placed objects (newly placed boxes, beds, signs, etc). Objects placed before v188.1 will still be destroyed when the underlying structure is replaced.
* Vaults once again properly drop if the floor underneath them is destroyed
* Fortitude stat now has 1.5x the insulating effect as previously
* Cooked Prime Meat will no longer be eaten before Raw Meat by Tamed Dinos
* There is now a repair-cost tooltip when you hover over the "Repair Structure" option, indicating the material cost to fully repair the structure
* Added Tribe Name to Death Recap (so that u can know what Tribe to seek unholy revengeance upon)
* Fixed an issue in singleplayer games where you could remain sleeping forever! (sleeping beauty)
* PvP Cave damage multiplier (default 6x) now functions in underwater caves as well
21 Jul 2015 - [GM]ARK backed up and patched to v188.0
Current Version: v188.0
* New Structure: "Single Panel Flag" which is a simple flag that has one solid panel canvas, handy for custom painting onto.
* Massive performance improvement to structural integrity calculation (namely, less lag/stalls on the server when destroying/replacing pieces of large connected structures)
* Bronto now likes a certain Kibble
* Eggs are about 50% more common to find
* Eggs now last for 30 min on ground (prev was 20 min)
* Ant (Titanomyrma) will not follow you into Water anymore. Land insects don't like water
* Fixed a bug with structure limits (PhysX overlap limit was being exceeded), and reset the default value to 6000 (should cover even the biggest current bases that we've seen on Official Servers). The new configurable/commandline value is: NewMaxStructuresInRange=6000
* Swimming backwards on a dino no longer desyncs with the server
* Tamed Scorp shouldn't drown anymore. In fact various tamed dinos that were not swimming to the surface should now try to stay on the surface when not being ridden.
* Fixed pop-in of underwater cave meshes
* Per-Pixel Sign painting, with real-time multiplayer simultaneous painting: please don't draw offensive things! <3
Luv u Garry! <3
Community Created Artwork for ARK: Survival Evolved
Real-time simultaneous per-pixel painting in ARK
* Electronic Animal Trackers: track your dinos, track wild dinos, track enemy dinos (or players), put on one yourself and don't lose your corpse!!
* Throwable Torches
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
* Uploading/Downloading Items to ARK Tribute Inventory now works in singleplayer
* Tribe/Player names with emoji strings in them will no longer cause parsing-spam in the chat text
* Splitting/Merging stacks of items within your Inventory no longer causes "Removed/Added" Item notifications
* Turrets random aim spread reduced by 85%
* Turrets will no longer target carried/dragged characters if they're being carried/dragged by your team
* Ants (Titanomyrma) damage reduced by 25% and health reduced by 35%/40% (soldier/drone)
* Fixed a bug where Inventory Bags dropped by destroyed structures had infinite life (now have 15 minute timeout)
* Improved look of Grill and Stone structures slightly (not finished)
v187.1: fixed a rare server-side Inventory crash
18 Jul 2015 - [GM]ARK has now been backed up and patched to V187!
Current Version: v187
* Titanomyrmas: designed to ruin your sunday picnics!
* Dimorphodons: designed to harass other dino riders!
* Crossbow: use underwater to ping sharks from a distance!
* Machined Shotgun: less powerful than primtiive, but more shots before reload and tighter spread!
* Redesigned the look of the Stone Tier to look much nicer
* Double the number of dyes. You want Pink? You got Pink!
* You can no longer level up sleeping allies (so mean)
* Approximate +25% Dedicated Server performance gain... PHYSX rewrite!!!!! >:-P -- and nice client performance gain in dense cities as well!
* Keypads now work in densely packed bases (was a "too-many-overlaps" issue)
* Fix for Server memory leak
* Fixed case of "invisible until you move" Structures on Client
* Fixed losing Oxygen when swimming at water surface
* You can unwire and rewrire placed traps -- while leaving them placed and remembering what they were wired to -- making it easier to leave your own base after setting traps up (we don't want to make traps completely ignore you when wired, however, to avoid the incentive to turn your base into a zone of infinite numbers of traps)
* Scorpions/Carrion eaters will now prefer to eat spoiled meat rather than raw meat after being Tamed
* The massive spam of "item removed etc" notification texts when viewing a dino's inventory is now fixed
* Stimberry consumption now reduces Food on Tamed dinos
* You can no longer build for 30 seconds in the immediate damage radius where a structure has been destroyed by an enemy team (helps sieges play out more naturally)
* There's now an "attack that" whistle which will send all dinos in a nearby radius to attack the specific target you're pointing at -- this works very nicely with the Spyglass
* In PvP, structures within caves/cave-entrances now take 6x damage (server modifiable setting)
* Auto Turrets track about 3x as fast, to be more effective
* Only Female Dinos lay eggs now -- it had to happen
* Fixed Saber gender bits -- heh, "fixed"
* Industrial Grill now consumes gas properly, and has more-final model
* You can now drink by pressing E when just standing in water, if there's nothing else to activate. You don't have to be immersed anymore.
* You can now light standing torches in shallow water
* The approximate area of Spawn regions are now indicated when select a character spawn region
* Increased max tripwire connection distance by 50%
* Completely revamped stone structure visuals, for the better
* Custom servers can now specify whether they want downloadable individually: characters, items, dinos
* Grenade damage is reduced by 33% generally and an additional 33% vs dinos (so about -45% in total vs dinos)
* New Game.ini options:[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
Defaults false. If true, any Engram not explicitly specified in the EngramsOverride list will be Hidden. Useful for maintaining primitive servers even as we add new Engrams in Updates.
For example. Lets you specify an Engram by classname so that it's guaranteed to work even if Engram indices change in the future -- is guaranteed to be permanent. You can get all the classnames from the ARK Dev Kit.
15 Jul 2015 - [GM]Ark patched to 186.3 just now
Current Version: v186.3
* Fixed a server-side Inventory crash -- thank you for the help, players of Official PvE 36!
* Fixed an issue with server auto-save/auto-backup periods greater than 60 minutes, phew
* After being successfully Tamed, Tamed Dinos will now bias towards consuming the least-nutritious food in their inventory (that is still edible by them). Thus for example a carnivore will eat all inferior Raw Meats before eating Prime Meat within its Inventory, making it more viable to store high quality food on your Dinos over lengthier periods of time for the long haul.
* Put all meats taming speeds/values exactly where they originally were. Made Kibbles 40% faster for Taming than Raw Meat ever was, and it's got SUPER AFFINITY (if you use the right kind of Kibble for your Dino -- for example Raw Prime Meat may net you a 70% effective tame now, whereas using the right Kibble can get you close to 100%!). May continue to buff Kibble, but let's take it one step at a time with seeing how useful it is now
* Fixed an issue replicating network data on Structures (Sign strings, etc)
* Fixed a general issue placing structures (mortar and pestle, crop plot, etc)
* Metal Water Tank is now buildable again ;-P
* Fixed a client connection Timeout case
* Fixed edge case where players weren't quite recovering enough Oxygen when popping head above water at lower server FPS
14 Jul 2015 - [GM]Ark patched to 186.1 just now
* You can place the Preserving Bin again
* Allied Dinos are now immune to your Gas Traps
* Made Eggs about 200% more likely to be found, and they now last for 8 days in regular inventory, rather than 2 -- store them in a Fridge to keep them nearly forever
* Rebalanced some taming speeds: Raw Prime Meat is 70% as fast as it was originally, and appropriate Kibble is now as fast as Raw Prime Meat originally was. (non-Prime meats are the same speed as originally, as is the non-nutritious Cooked Prime Meat)
* Fixed a server inventory-related crash with the Multi-Grill
* Disallowed engrams/items are now automatically destroyed on primitive servers (or any server which uses a custom item list), retroactively. Primitive Servers online again.
* Updated & posted new Server Game.ini for Primitive Servers to correspond to new Engram layout. In the future, we will change this to name-based list rather than indexed list, so it will not become outdated again.
* Missed This: Raw Prime Meat is now 1/3rd as fast as it was previously to tame (it's equivalent to Raw Meat) -- but same Affinity. Kibble is 1/2 as fast as Raw Prime Meat was previously to tame. We will be adjusting these back to more-or-less their previous speeds in our next major Update.
* Fixed the Enchanted Lake Of Wonders... well, the lake that was missing water physics, more specifically
YouTube™ Video: ARK - Underwater base with Air
This guys tribe attacked us earlier today and found his base under water and they had air. Pretty strong place that needs to get fixed.
* You can now equip the Spyglass while riding on a dino. Note that doing so will always zoom-in with it (since we don't want to steal the Right Mouse Button input); simply unequip it to stop zooming.
* Hopeful fix for players/dinos after load falling thru floors
* Server Hosts can now configure per-DinoClass Wild & Tamed Health and Damage Multipliers in their INI (nerf those flyers in Primitive!), and these apply dynamically
* Fixed water tank water not saving properly
* Fixed tamed dino level bonuses not holding when taming across save games, and speed getting messed up, and Auto XP not applying
* Fixed an infinite-oxygen-underwater exploit.
* Fixed a case where by swimming at a certain angle you could almost completely avoid losing stamina
* Attacking when in water while riding no longer causes a movement de-sync
* Fixed amphibious stamina recovery while in water, now it's very fast as intended.
* Dino Stats are now retained properly when uploading/downloading across maps
* Fixed a bug where Wild Dinos were not naturally recovering their Torpor over time
* Max Level increased by 4 for Players and Dinos
* Configurable Low/Medium/Far Targeting & Wander Range for Pets
* Omni Electric Lamp
* Reinforced Ceiling-Door and Reinforced Window-Door
* Industrial Multi-Grill!
* Two new tripwire traps:audio alarm and gas bomb!
* Audio-Alarm Away & Offline raiding notifications, Phase 1!
* Eggs for all animals and circle-of-life 'Taming Efficiency' boosting per-dino Egg-Kibbles!
* Customizable Bandwidth setting for players to choose a bandwidth appropriate to their own connection. Can further improve structure-streaming speed, if you have sufficient bandwidth to handle it as a client. (Can also eliminate any remaining DC's if you reduce it and you're on a lower bandwidth connection.)
* Improved AMD Shadow flickering fix
* Destroying a Behemoth Gate Frame will now also destroy the Behemoth Gate within it
* Current Day # & Time is now displayed on the Spawn/Character Creation UI